Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A STEADY RAIN A REVIEW

The good news is that Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman are superb in A Steady Rain, and they make Keith Huff's slight but promising play interesting and sometimes affectng theatre.
The play concerns two cops who have known each other since childhood and have had a love hate relationship with each other ever since. Always being passed over for promotions and other things, the two cops share their thoughts with the audience and each other,and become likeable and moving people.
Mr Craig and Mr Jackman are the entire cast and they are a constant joy to watch, and they are well served by John Crowley's very able staging, and Scott Pask's muted sets and costumes and Hugh Vastone's lighting serve their purpose well.
A Steady Rain is playwright Huff's maiden Broadway effort. He is worth watching, and aided by it's two high profile stars, his play is worth seeing.

1 comment:

  1. As many of plays lovers I LOVE A Steady Rain ! It is my favourite ever...I've seen it in New York and next week I’m going to visit my sister and I just got some pretty good tickets .So I'll be analyzing as well as enjoying the show.

    ReplyDelete