Sunday, October 4, 2009

WISHFUL DRINKING A REVIEW

I wish this could be a happier report. I wish I liked Wishful Drinking as much as the highly enthusiastic audience I saw it with did. The truth is that I found Carrie Fisher's solo tell all about her life as a Hollywood princess to be actively annoying. It is'nt Miss Fisher's fault. She works hard and may be an ingratiating story teller to some, but to me her battles with depression,mental illness and other addictions, affairs and breakdowns became more depressing and dispiriting as the evening wore on.
I have never followed the tabloids much and I have always felt that embarrasingly intimate aspects of life should remain personal,and Miss Fisher talks about all of them, but my reaction is mostly,why am I listining to all this?
Again, the audience I saw it with seemed to love it, so what do I know?
At STUDIO 54 254 W. 54th STREET N. Y. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment